Thursday, September 23, 2010

So What's for Breakfast Today?

This morning was pretty typical. I had some Egg Beaters with Canadian bacon. Why Egg Beaters and not just regular eggs? No particular reason; except when they are already blended up in a pourable container, it makes preparation faster. Why Canadian bacon and not just regular bacon? Again, the prep time is easier...it's lean protein too. Remember earlier I said that lean protein is important in my diet. What I did this morning was spray a non-stick pan with olive oil, cut up the bacon in small pieces and saute' them a little first. Then I poured some Egg Beaters in with the bacon (about a 1/4 cup give or take a little bit) and gently cooked all together. Over-cooking makes the eggs tough so it is important to watch them and only cook lightly. (Tough eggs are hard to get down with a Lap-Band; sometimes impossible!) This morning I sprinkled a little grated cheese on top too.....I ate probably a little over half and was plenty full.                          

No comments:

Post a Comment